Silly Eagles and an even Sillier Squirrel

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Diary entry by Wynniekins Cutthroat, level 75 Burglar, Gilrain


Dear Diary,

So after our visit to Orthanc, I decided to take a break from dreadful monsters and went back to Stangard. I also brought my cookbook so at long last those silly Rohirrim people would know how to cook for a hobbit. But alas, as G and I got there, we found things had taken a rather unfortunate turn.

But before going into town, G reminded me that we were told to visit someone in this glade thing. Turns out it was Gwaihir's brother Landroval who wished to talk to us. It seems his friend Meneldor got lost or something, and of course it's up to US to find him. G dragged me away before I could start yelling at Landroval...

We found the silly eagle in a cave, hanging from a big cobweb... Big cobweb means big spiders. And I don't like spiders. The small ones are bad enough, but what was coming towards us in the cave... But I'm a brave burglar and am showing no fear, not even when facing eeky eight-legs.

Of course we killed the incy wincy, big massive spider without much fuss...well, I did, G is more of a 'bark but not bite' kinda elf. And once the deed was done, Meneldor was rather pleased and even offered to fly us back to Landroval. But as we got back, we were presented with a note from Stangard...no good news... Apparently all hell has broken loose since we left, and one of our so-called friends there had to run off to some farm. Farm equals chores, farms are bad! But you know, with things as bad as they were, even I couldn't moan about a few farm chores that we obviously had to do. G joked that we're the chore-loving heroes. I nearly kicked him in the shin!

So we had to go sort all of that out and then, as we were finally sitting down to dinner, Squirrel showed up. We told her about the eagles and she just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Meneldor loves that spider-infested cave it would seem." I prodded her a little, and she told me that she, too, had been required to 'save' the idiotic eagle. I swear, the next time I see him...

With my homicidal, or eagle-cidal plans formed and ready for execution, I really thought I could have a nice and quiet evening. However, Isquariel was bouncing like a crazy bunny, so we finally had enough and asked what she was so happy about. She claimed she not only visited with Saruman as well, but even stole his cloak's clasp... I am the burglar here! Who does Miss ZapZap think she is?!

After that weekend, I decided to go back to the cheerfulness that is Mirkwood today. Killed some spiders, chaperoned an orc...the usual. And now I'm having tea with my good friend GorothĂșl...



Wynniekins Cutthroat, signing off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment