Good Morning, Farmers Faire!

Monday 30 July 2012

Diary entry by Wynniekins Cutthroat, level 75 Burglar, Gilrain


Dear Diary,

Good morning, my dearest Diary. The sun has just come up and the Bywater Pond is sparkling like a blanket of adamants. It is warm outside and I bet no drop of rain would even think about falling for the next couple of weeks. It is festival time after all, and the Shire is buzzing with excitement. And so am I if I'm honest. What can I say, I'm still a full-fledged hobbit at heart.

Let me tell you of the celebrations. But where to start? There is so much to be done and to be seen... Well, being a hobbit I think you will understand that one of the main things I love about the Faire is all the food and drink. There's a market in Bywater and a massive table laden down with food. Or at least it was before Mayor Whitfoot got to it. The greedy hobbit is stuffing his face pretty much non-stop and expects visitors to help him ease his tummy. I told him to just stop eating for five minutes and he looked at me as if I'd sprouted a second head or something... Idiot hobbit.

So I wondered off to the Party Tree and met up with my friends from the Inn League. Much drinking took place as was to be expected and by the time I reached Michel Delving on my pub crawl, I was more than a little tipsy. But there is something that worries me... There are people, like my 'dear friend' Ithil who are helping those nasty dwarves of the Ale Association. Recipes go missing all over the Shire and kegs get damaged and all the good ale goes to waste. I asked Ithil how she could be so mean and she just said that she likes being a Creep. Whatever!

Just south of Michel Delving is the Shire race track and lo and behold, I won the race on my first try. I had heard rumours of a splendid new pony so I chose a Race Token as my reward. I then went to Breeland and did the race there and voilá;, that was the second race token taken care of. But there was the nasty business of 120 Farmers Faire Tokens... I do appreciate that they want to get people to work for the new pony, but... But I wanted the pony so there was only one thing to be done.

Back to Bywater I went and this time I started helping people left, right and centre. Restocking a stall, no problem. Taking a shift selling things, easy. Helping the Mayor, alright then. Acting up as a Bounder only to throw rotten veggies at them later, oh yes! And then there were the two fun games... Chasing after chicken and then pinching their eggs at Sandson's Farm was fun, but munching the forbidden mushrooms at Bamfurlong was just amazing...


And then there was the fishing. What could be more relaxing then standing on a riverbank with your fishing rod in the water and the promise of some fish for dinner? Okay, the fact that there are about ten other people doing the same thing is a bit bleh, but oh well. So I went to catch me some fish and Godo Bracegirdle was kind enough to give me more Farmers Faire Tokens for them. I haven't spoken to Petunia Hornblower yet as I remember her as the laziest hobbit ever! Maybe next time.

At the end of it all I did not only have a rumbling tummy but also enough Tokens to buy Wheat, my lovely new pony. Of course there are lots more things to buy, but I shall tell you about that next time.



For now let me just finish by informing you that the evil Sith is now 31...she's aging real fast!...and that she moved on and is now intimidating people on Alderaan. No idea where that is, but she told me to let you know as otherwise... Let's not think about that.

I think it's time for breakfast so I am off now. Have a lovely Faire, Diary and I shall speak to you soon.


Wynniekins Cutthroat, signing off.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You should have taken the Mayor's food. I think you could beat him in a wrestling match.

Wynnie said...

Hmmm, that's a good idea...I could also just stab him in the back, yes? :P

Unknown said...

Perhaps a good plan for a Cutthroat, but do we need more chaos in Bywater? With no mayor, there might just be anarchy and hobbits run amok. Mebbe YOU could be mayor...

Ravanel said...

A lovely pony, Wynnie, I should get my ass out there and check out the track.

Those 120 tokens do sound disturbing, though...

Wynnie said...

@ Danania: Mayor Wynniekins Cutthroat... I quite like the sound of that. However, if I were mayor, I would have to stay in the Shire and couldn't go adventuring no more...so I think I'll give it a pass ;)

@ Ravanel: It's really easy to get the tokens though...well, maybe not for you, Nemesis :P

Post a Comment